More pets get lost on July 4th than any other day of the year.
Keep your dog safe this Independence Day.
Share these eight tips for enjoying the Fourth of July with your dog.
- Be sure your dog is wearing an up-to-date and visible ID tag on her collar at all times.
- Take a current photo of your dog, just in case.
- Exercise your dog early in the day before parties begin.
- During cookouts, ask guests to play with your dog away from the flames.
- Keep charcoal, fireworks, sparklers and glow sticks far away from curious canines.
- Keep dog treats on hand for those who want to give your dog food.
- Leave your dog at home with a frozen stuffed treat during the fireworks.
- If your dog is afraid of loud noises, leave gentle music playing to cover the fireworks.
Source: Petfinder Summer Pet Safety
Please note that we will be closed July 4th, Independence Day
Aside from the holidays… we look forward to serving you 7 days a week at 7:00 am, receiving pets until we are full for that day.